BK MIKRO BKM9I/O Extension Module can be added to any of the control units to expand their capabilities. When connected to the BKM92 Premium controller 10 additional inputs are added which can be used to select the tool that is being checked in tool changer applications or other functions. When added to the BKM93 basic controller it allows for all of the settings to be done via the dip switches and rotary dials eliminating the need for programming with the software.
General features include:
- Clockwise and/or counter-clockwise rotation of the wand is programmable allowing an optimum adaptation to the machine.
- The scanning intensity is adjustable in 8 steps. Even rotating drills with small diameters can be checked.
- The scanning results are display as “OK” or “KO” and signalled by LEDs on the front side of the device.
- The PROFIBUS is a standard Sub-D 9 pin connection; the USB connection is a USB-mini plug / type B and meets the 2.0 specification.
- Three digital inputs serve to activate the functions “Teach-in” to learn the position to be scanned, “Start” to initialize the scanning process and “Configurable” for receiving a stop command.
- Two digital outputs provide the signals for the message “OK” or “KO”.
- The relay contacts are configurable as N/C or N/O connections. They can be set as momentary (valid with start or timed) or latching.
- Convenient configuration software for programming and setting of tool data is available at no cost.
BK MIKRO BKM9I/O Extension Unique features include:
- 10 digital inputs to select/activate up to 512 different tool positions (positive or negative logic)
- 2 configurable digital outputs
- 3 rotary switches
- Selection of scanner
- Selection of scanning angle adjustable in 24°steps from 0° to 360°
- 8 toggle switches
- Selection of Object or Free-space monitoring
- Defining the rotational direction (clockwise and/or counter-clockwise rotation of wand)
- Configuring the relay outputs as N/C or N/O connections
- Defining the scanning intensity in two steps (soft/hard)
- Selection of tolerance range ±0.1° / ±1.0° / ±3.0° / ±10.0°
- 4 LEDs for current status display
- Top hat plug for connection to control module
- Din rail connection