BK Mikro is a prestigious name in tool manufacturing and process monitoring equipment. BK Mikro system consists of two main components, namely: scanner, and control unit. The accessories provided by BK Mikro allow the system to get accustomed to a variety of monitoring tasks. This post will discuss different accessories of a BK Micro tool.
Accessories provided by BK Mikro
BK Mikro has a vast collection of accessories and spare parts, which are designed in order to meet a wide variety of monitoring requirements. The following are a few of them:
- Scanning Wands: Scanning wands are used to scan the position of the object at different areas in the machine cycle. The wand is available in varying lengths and designs. They are usually made from carbon fiber or stainless steel. The wand rotates left and right until it reaches the test object. The wand positions itself on the basis of the test instructions provided by the machine. Upon reaching the object, it changes its direction and reverts to its original position. The scanning wands are available in thickness of 1.2 mm, 3 mm, and 4 mm. The length of the wand varies from 110mm to 610mm for diverse models.
- Wand Holders: Wand holders come in a variety of designs, and offer protection against the fine to large chips, as well as clumped cooling liquid.
- Cables: Cables are used to connect the control unit with the scanner. These are available in the length of 0.3m, 5m, 7m, 10m, and 15m. These cables can also be used as extension cables. Also, these cables are available as 8 core PUR-cable with extruded plugs and small circular connectors, which are suitable for drag chains. These cables are available with an angular or straight plug.
- Mounting Brackets: Mounting brackets come in various designs in the diameter of 12 mm, 20 mm, and 32 mm. These brackets have an adjustment aid and a self-locking screw connection. The brackets are made from anodized aluminum stainless steel. Having a universal fixing option, they provide perfect fixation to a scanner with flexible orientation and safe reception.
- Air Barrier Adapters: Air barrier adapters help increase the scanner lifetime by protecting its seal from dust, liquid, and chips. They consist of an air barrier ring alongside air barrier wand holder. The adapters have a diameter of 20 mm or 32 mm for the scanner axes. These adapters are used with wands having a thickness of 1.2 mm, 3 mm, and 4 mm. All air barrier adapters can be operated in pressure 0.5 bar, with air connection of 90° or 180°.
- Counter weights: Counter weights provide support and balance to the long wands, which are unable to scan horizontally. These weights are used for wands having a thickness of 4 mm. Scanning results are dependent on the better balancing of the counter weights.
BK Mikro ensures safe monitoring of work processes in diverse industrial production with the help of its accessories and components. If you are looking forward to buying reliable accessories of BK Mikro Tool, consulting an industry expert like Techna Tool is always a good idea. The company provides a reliable tool and process monitoring systems and accessories for a variety of applications.